Spiritual Life Committee
The purpose of the Spiritual Life Committee is to attend to and nourish the spirit and practices of the Mishkan Shalom community.
Our tasks include:
- Create and nurture a rich spiritual environment that incorporates prayer music, art, food, ritual, dance, silence and meditation.
- Envision and articulate ideas and possibilities for members of Mishkan Shalom to further their spiritual growth, both individually and collectively.
- Serve as a liaison between the Community and the rabbis.
- Discuss with the rabbis spiritual questions/issues that cpncern the community.
- Discuss and offer guidance to members about standards of cornmunity observance.
- Be an educational resource to the congregation.
- Assist the rabbis in planning and coordinating Shabbat, holiday, and summer services.
- Provide ongoing care for and maintenance of ritual objects.
- Use study and discussion to nourish the spiritual growth of the committee and its members.